Today I am sharing my best Thanksgiving recipes. Many of these recipes are my mother’s, and they go back several generations! I hope y’all enjoy them as much as we have.
If this list looks good to you, please pin it and share it.
If you want to see what I have to say about some of the recipes, here is a video that I posted to YouTube last year. I have added a few recipes since then, but my comments from last year still apply. ✅
- Oven roasted turkey breast – This is my mom’s recipe, and she has used this method for many, many years.
Why not a whole turkey? I really like the simplicity of turkey breast. You don’t have to worry about trying to cook the dark meat enough while not drying out the white meat. There is no basting in this method either, so no fuss!
2. Southern cornbread dressing – Here in the southeastern USA, it is tradition to make authentic southern cornbread dressing to go with our turkey on Thanksgiving. We make ours in a casserole dish, not in the bird. It is SO delicious!
3. Easy homemade cranberry sauce – This easy homemade cranberry sauce will be the perfect finishing touch to your Thanksgiving meal, and it only has 3 ingredients.
4. Sweet potato casserole – Some people like marshmallows on top, but my family loves the brown sugar/ butter/ walnut topping. It is my favorite! The topping gives the casserole that crunchy topping that is so delicious.
5. Roasted thyme carrots – the flavor of the sweet carrots alongside the fresh thyme is simply delicious.
6. Pear, goat cheese and walnut salad with maple vinaigrette – the perfect fall salad.
7. Single serving blackberry crisp – so easy and delicious.
8. Apple crisp with salted caramel almond topping – perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
9. Green beans with caramelized onions and almonds is a great way to dress up green beans for a holiday, special occasion or dinner party.
10. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are so creamy, dreamy and delicious, and they are perfect for Thanksgiving or any time.
11. Cranberry apple crisp – easy and delicious!
12. Bonus recipe! It’s not traditional Thanksgiving, but we always have macaroni and cheese for the kids at every holiday gathering. This easy stovetop macaroni and cheese is great!
I hope y’all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Let me know if you try any of these.