Kale salad is a flavorful side dish that you can throw together in no time. Creamy goat cheese, crunchy almonds and tangy dried cranberries give this amazing taste and texture as well.
This one is great any time of year too, y’all. Serve it in grilling season alongside steak, chicken or fish. Or have it as a flavorful side salad at an autumn dinner party. This could even work with Thanksgiving or Christmas. Endless possibilities, y’all.
For best results, always use the best quality ingredients that you have access to.
I just love the flavor and texture combination these ingredients create. So delicious and enjoyable!
Assembling kale salad
First, massage the kale. Do not skip this step, friends! Massaging kale helps to start to break it down, make it more tender, easier to chew and digest.
So, how do you massage kale? Simple! Just add the kale to a large bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Use your hands to lightly massage the kale all over for 1-2 minutes to help break it down. Voila! Massaged kale.😎✅
Then mix up the homemade apple cider vinaigrette dressing. It is so delicious and tangy.
Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar, cover and shake well to emulsify. You can alternatively do this using a small bowl and a whisk.
Place all your prepped veggies, goat cheese, almonds and craisins/ dried cranberries in a big mixing bowl.
Pour that yummy dressing right over the top.
And finally, give everything a good toss until the ingredients are well-mixed and well-coated in the dressing.
Serve and enjoy!
And be sure and let me know if you try it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
More salads you may enjoy
Here are some other salads you may also enjoy:
- Tomato cucumber avocado salad
- Classic coleslaw
- Asian ramen slaw
- Wedge salad
- Greek salad
- Chicken taco salad with creamy jalapeño dressing
Kale salad recipe
Did you try this kale salad recipe? Give it a star rating. Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. And be sure and stay connected on social media!
For the salad
- 8 cups kale - sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Red onion - sliced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice and zest
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper (more or less, to taste)
- Massage the kale: Add the kale to a large bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Use your hands to lightly massage the kale all over for 1-2 minutes to help break it down.
- Mix up the dressing: Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar, cover and shake well to emulsify. You can also do this using a small bowl and a whisk.
- Build and dress the salad: Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl with the kale. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to cover all of the salad ingredients in the dressing.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.