This veggie scramble is a delicious and healthy breakfast that you can make in less than ten minutes.
I love eggs! As much as I love frittatas, omelettes and breakfast casseroles…sometimes you just need your egg dish to be a bit simpler.
Enter the scramble. It’s like an omelette without all the stress. Perfect for a lazy Saturday!
This is one of those recipes that is more about the method, and less about the actual recipe. In fact, I never measure anything when I make this for myself.
There are a hundred ways you can make this your own too. You can use egg whites, or half whole eggs/ half whites. You can do different veggies, switch up the cheese or add meat of your choice. The possibilities are endless.
This recipe is probably my go-to, though. I love the combination of onions, peppers and mushrooms. To me, this flavor combination is perfection. Today I am using Monterey jack cheese, but this is also great with cheddar.
Tools used in this recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Veggie Scramble Recipe
- 1/2 cup diced vegetables (I am using a combination of white mushrooms bell peppers and onions)
- 2 eggs
- tablespoon splash of milk about 1/2
- 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the veggies.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat for about a minute.
- Add the veggies to the pan, and listen for the sizzle. Cook for about two minutes, stirring frequently.
- Beat the two eggs and the milk in a bowl, and set aside.
- Add a little salt and pepper to the veggies, and cook another two minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add the eggs and stir/ scrape the pan with the silicon spoonula until eggs are cooked.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
Nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!