I am officially obsessed with one pot meals, and this one pot spicy pasta with turkey sausage is one of my favorites!
I most definitely understand why one pot meals are a THING right now. Simplicity, fewer dishes to wash…I get it. And I was happy to see how much y’all liked my last one pot recipe – my Chicken Enchilada Skillet. So I decided to find another one to make and share with y’all!
Different versions of this dish have been floating around on Pinterest (<- follow me to see what I am pinning). My version is a combination of Amanda’s and Chungah’s recipes. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
Have I mentioned the cheese!?! Oh how I love cheese! Because anything is better with ooey gooey cheese on top! This dish also happens to have some cheese stirred in as well. Just look at that yumminess!
There is also a little kick from some tomatoes with green chiles. I used the mild version, but feel free to amp up the heat if you are feeling brave!
If you make this one pot spicy pasta with turkey sausage, it will make your whole house smell amazing! If you live with other people in your house, don’t be surprised if they wander into the kitchen and ask you what you are making. And you may get lots of hugs and kisses after they taste it! 🙂
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are affiliate links.
For more kitchen tools I love, browse more of my favorite kitchen items here.
One Pot Spicy Pasta with Turkey Sausage Recipe
One Pot Spicy Pasta with Turkey Sausage
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 14 ounces smoked turkey sausage sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chiles Mild, 10 ounces
- ½ cup milk (I used 1%)
- 8 oz whole grain macaroni pasta
- ½ teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded & divided
- 1/3 cup optional: thinly sliced green onions for garnish
- Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat for about a minute.
- Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until 1 more minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, salt and pepper and stir.
- Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. (I took the lid off and stirred a couple of times)
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted, about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe! My family sure did. Pin it if it looks good to you.