This ginger citrus pear smoothie is a result of some creative inspiration I had lately.
They say when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Well, I got handed a basket full of lemons on Friday. So my “lemonade” is in the form of this ginger citrus pear smoothie. 🙂
And there are a few other things that inspired me in writing this particular recipe.
1. I am still enjoying my blender (<- affiliate link) sooo very much. Dare I say it is my favorite kitchen appliance at the moment?
2. A new grocery store, Sprouts Farmers Market, opened near us this week that has a wicked awesome produce department. And bulk bins for days!
3. Cold germs seem to be running rampant through our household. Over and over again.
And the fact that this ginger citrus pear smoothie is packed with vitamin C makes is perfect for the recurring cold-and-flu theme I have been running with lately.
Ginger is rumored to have stomach-settling and germ-fighting properties as well. And flavor-wise it adds a perfect little flavor zing to this smoothie.
And gosh darn it, it just looks so darn cheery! Which is exactly what I need right now.
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 large naval orange, peeled (mine was 340 grams after peeling)
- ½ large lemon, peeled
- ½ inch fresh ginger root, peeled (mine was 8 grams)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
- 1 generous cup ice
Each serving is 1 PointPlus on Weight Watchers.
If you like this recipe, please pin it and share it!
When has life handed you lemons? How do you deal?