I’ve been making these egg muffins with turkey sausage and peppers as a quick grab and go breakfast, and they are so easy and tasty.
Mornings can be nuts. Especially when you have a newborn like I do. Our mornings can often begin at four a.m. And sweet Mallory can somehow keep me pretty busy feeding changing and snuggling her.
By the time her big brother wakes up, things kick into high gear…especially on the mornings that big brother goes to preschool. Getting everybody fed, dressed, lunch packed, etc. can be pretty hectic.
That’s why make-ahead breakfasts like these can be a lifesaver. We really need grab-and go options on days like these. I love that these are “real food” friendly and delicious!
Normally I would add cheese to something like this, but I am eating dairy free while I am nursing Mallory. So if you want to add cheese, feel free! It wouldn’t take much…just a sprinkle on top. But if you eat them plain like I do, you may be surprised how much you don’t miss it. The flavor of the turkey sausage and peppers is really yummy.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Egg Muffins with Turkey Sausage and Peppers
- 12 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¾ cup diced bell peppers
- ⅓ cup diced onions
- 2 ounces cooked turkey sausage crumbles
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste (I used ½ teaspoon salt & ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scramble the eggs, water and salt and pepper, and set aside
- Cook the peppers and onions in a medium skillet in some cooking spray over medium-low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the pre-cooked turkey sausage crumbles.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups.
- Pour the eggs into each cup.
- Bake at 350 until eggs are firm, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and you can eat immediately or cool, remove from the baking cups and transfer to storage container to eat later. (I microwave leftovers for about 30 seconds to reheat)
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin and share if it looks good to you.