Note: This post contains affiliate links. Shopping through these links supports A Pinch of Healthy at no extra cost to you. All opinions are always my own. Thank you for your support!
I will be teaching you how to make your own DIY coconut oil foot scrub with pantry ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
This past Saturday while my husband and son were both napping, I decided to do some much needed self care: giving myself a pedicure.
As much as I would have loved to sneak out and go to the nail salon, time just didn’t permit. Plus, we have had a lot of home repairs come up lately, so we have been trying to watch our spending. So I took the DIY route.
I have made this foot scrub several times now, and I really like it. The ingredients are pretty simple, and it works well. It leaves my feet smooth and moisturized.
DIY Coconut Oil Foot Scrub
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon about a tablespoon
- If it is cold in your house, your coconut oil may benefit from a few seconds in the microwave to soften it up. Alabama in August? No microwaving necessary! Mine was already liquid-y at room temperature.
- To the oil add the brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Use immediately on hands and feet.
This made enough for me to do two rounds of scrubbing on each foot, plus enough leftover to do my hands.
I use a Mr. Pumiceto work the scrub into my feet.
Also, I never throw away expired brown sugar because I know if I don’t use it in the kitchen before it goes bad, I will use it in my homemade scrub. Be sure and let me know how you like it if you try it!
For those of you who are following my quest to clean up my beauty products, this might be of interest to you. I decided to look up my nail polish to see what the EWG score was after I used it. Oops…knowledge after the fact. Well, nobody’s perfect!
- Base coat: OPI Natural Nail Base Coat, EWG risk score of 4 (moderate risk)
- Polish color: OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It, EWG risk score of 3 (moderate).
- Top Coat: Sally Hansen Advanced Hard As Nails Advanced Hard As Nails Strengthening Top Coat, EWG score of 4 (moderate)
Do you make any of your own beauty products? Do you know of any safe/green nail polish brands that you like?