Key lime pie ice cream is the perfect summer dessert. With only four ingredients and no churning (no ice cream maker!) required, it is SO easy to make.
My two favorite summer desserts are key lime pie and homemade ice cream. If those two desserts had a baby, you would get this! Key lime pie ice cream for the win!
And it just might go down as my number one favorite summer treat.
Did you know you could make ice cream without an ice cream maker? All you need is a mixer – stand or hand-held will do. Basically you just need anything that will make whipped cream, and you are good to go.
Even if you already have an ice cream maker, you might be selling it on Craigslist after you try this method. I filmed a demo for you here.
I love the bits of graham crackers in this ice cream…YUM!
This recipe is definitely decadent. There is no doubt about that! But if I am going to eat something indulgent, I want to be sure it is darn good. I love that this key lime pie ice cream is made with simple ingredients: Cream, milk and sugar from the condensed milk, limes and graham crackers. If I want to use organic ingredients, that is easy to do when I make my own.
I used regular limes, since juicing 1/2 cup would have been more time-consuming with actual key limes. And I can’t tell much of a difference anyway. But feel free to use the real key limes if you wish!
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Please pin it and share it if it looks good to you.
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 limes
- 4 graham cracker sheets
- Zest one of the limes, and juice all three limes. Set aside.
- Use a ziplock bag to crush up your graham crackers into small chunks.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and graham crackers, and stir to combine.
- Pour the cream into a bowl, and use a mixer to whip the cream until peaks form (see video for demo).
- Gently fold the condensed milk/ lime juice/ graham cracker mixture into the cream.
- Transfer to a dish with a lid, and freeze for at least 8 hours.
Keep leftovers in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.