These easy chicken fajitas are a simple family meal, perfect for weeknights, and they can be made all on one sheet pan. 😎👌🏻
I cheat a little bit on this recipe. I am well aware that *true* fajitas are made on the stove top. But I like this sheet pan version better.
Why cook chicken fajitas on a sheet pan in the oven? Because it is mostly hands-off, y’all. And with two small kids, hands off recipes are like gold to me!
How to Make Easy Chicken Fajitas in the Oven
All I do is slice up two bell peppers (any color) and an onion. I prefer sweet yellow onions, but any type will work.
Then I slice up my raw chicken breasts into thin slices. I would estimate about 1/3 inch width.
Then I put everything on a sheet pan that I line with parchment paper. Alternatively, you could use aluminum foil or just give a baking sheet a good coating of cooking spray. Then I drizzle on a little oil – I like to use avocado oil here. But use whatever type of oil you like.
Then I sprinkle with a little homemade seasoning blend (deets in the recipe card below). Alternatively, you could use one of those packets of fajita or taco seasoning, if you wish.
Then I toss everything together to make sure all the chicken and veggies get coated in the seasoning. Tongs are extremely helpful for keeping your hands clean.
Then I bake for about twenty minutes in an oven that is pre-heated to 400 degrees. I do give everything a toss half-way through cooking to make sure everything cooks evenly.
And this is what it looks like when it comes out. 😍🤩
Also, about the time I toss everything, I put in our tortilla shells to heat up. I just wrap them in foil and place them in the oven.
And then once they are done, we top with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Just serve them with all the toppings: guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocado, etc.
This is such a delicious dinner, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
What Sides to Serve with Easy Chicken Fajitas
- What sides go with chicken fajitas? The chicken fajitas are honestly great all by themselves!💁🏼♀️ But if you are looking for some side dishes to pair them with, these are fantastic suggestions. Recipe links included!😎
- Tortilla chips and easy homemade salsa – we totally use jarred salsa all the time. But if you want to take things up a notch, this salsa is super easy to make, and it tastes so awesome.
- Guacamole – again, store bought it totally fine, but if you need a great guac recipe, I’ve got your covered. 😉🙌🏻
- Cilantro lime rice – one of our favorite side items, and you can make it on the stovetop OR in your Instant Pot. Also, you can make it with either white or brown rice.
- Quinoa black bean salad – I can make a meal out of this one all on its own! But it makes a fantastic side dish too.
- Cowboy caviar – great as a topping or with tortilla chips.
- Creamy jalapeño – tastes just like the one made famous by Chuy’s. Great as a topping or on tortilla chips as a dip
- If you had more of a bean dish in mind Instant Pot pinto beans would be great with this. So would Instant Pot black beans.
So that gives you a whole bunch of side items you can serve with these easy chicken fajitas.
Easy Chicken Fajitas Recipe
If you try this recipe, give it a star rating. Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. And don’t forget to stay connected on social media!
Easy Chicken Fajitas - Sheet Pan Recipe
These easy chicken fajitas are a simple family meal, perfect for weeknights, and they can be made all on one sheet pan. Perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1.7 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers any color, cut into strips
- 1 yelllow onion cut into strips
- 1.5 Tablespoons avocado oil
- taco seasoning
- 12 flour tortillas (I use the small fajita sized ones)
Place chicken, peppers and onions on sheet pan.
Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spices; toss to combine.
Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees or 20 minutes, stopping half way to toss everything. This ensures even cooking.
I add my tortilla shells (wrapped in foil) half way through, when I toss.
Remove from oven, and garnish with lime juice and cilantro if desired.
Add mixture to fajita shells, and add desired toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, etc.
*You can substitute the homemade seasoning blend with one packet of either fajita or taco seasoning.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. Toppings are not included in nutrition information.
Save leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
One serving size is two fajitas.
I use small, fajita sized flour tortillas.