Okay, you may have seen on my Instagram that I have developed the habit of an afternoon iced coffee.
I have been making my own at home, and it is so easy. Yes, there are other more complicated ways to make it, but this simple method suits me just fine.
Super Simple DIY Iced Coffee
- Hot coffee on the stronger side
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- heat safe container I just use a large coffee mug
- Reusable BPA free tumbler
- 1/4 cup Milk - I prefer whole (or more to taste)
- I just pour off a cup of fresh brewed coffee from my pot in the morning into a clean coffee cup
- Go ahead and sweeten in while it's hot with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about four hours.
- Pour it into my reusable BPA free cold beverage tumbler with some ice and 1/4 cup whole milk.
I just pour off a cup of fresh brewed coffee from my pot in the morning into a clean coffee cup, and I go ahead and sweeten in while it’s hot with one teaspoon of sugar. No need to make a simple syrup. Just dissolve it while it’s still hot. I stir that in to dissolve the sugar, and then I place it in the refrigerator to chill for about four hours. After lunch, I pour it into my reusable Copco BPA free cold beverage tumbler with some ice and 1/4 cup whole milk. It is so yummy.
I was using skim, but I tried it with whole milk one day, and it made a huge difference. I use so little that it has the same points (1pp for 1/4 cup)! And we always keep whole milk around for my toddler.
You could buy some of the syrups that they sell at the grocery store, but honestly I like mine plain. So yummy! If you try it, let me know how you like it! And if you prefer video tutorials, here is one for this recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment, and let me know what you think!
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it.