Okay, you may have seen on my Instagram that I have developed the habit of an afternoon iced coffee.
I have been making my own at home, and it is so easy. Yes, there are other more complicated ways to make it, but this simple method suits me just fine.
- Hot coffee (on the stronger side)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- heat safe container (I just use a large coffee mug)
- Reusable BPA free tumbler
- Milk (about ¼ cup) - I prefer whole (same PointsPlus for this amount!)
- I just pour off a cup of fresh brewed coffee from my pot in the morning into a clean coffee cup
- Go ahead and sweeten in while it's hot with one teaspoon of sugar.
- Place it in the refrigerator to chill for about four hours.
- Pour it into my reusable BPA free cold beverage tumbler with some ice and ¼ cup whole milk.
I just pour off a cup of fresh brewed coffee from my pot in the morning into a clean coffee cup, and I go ahead and sweeten in while it’s hot with one teaspoon of sugar. No need to make a simple syrup. Just dissolve it while it’s still hot. I stir that in to dissolve the sugar, and then I place it in the refrigerator to chill for about four hours. After lunch, I pour it into my reusable Copco BPA free cold beverage tumbler with some ice and 1/4 cup whole milk. It is so yummy.
I was using skim, but I tried it with whole milk one day, and it made a huge difference. I use so little that it has the same points (1pp for 1/4 cup)! And we always keep whole milk around for my toddler.
You could buy some of the syrups that they sell at the grocery store, but honestly I like mine plain. So yummy! If you try it, let me know how you like it! And if you prefer video tutorials, here is one for this recipe:
Did you make this recipe? Leave me a comment, and let me know what you think!
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it.