Who wants to face plant into this yummy loaded baked sweet potato? Answer: me!
Last I week I showed y’all how to make my healthy turkey chili. After you make that, you should have some leftovers. Today’s recipe uses some of that leftover turkey chili to do what I like to call a “leftovers makeover.”
A leftover makeover uses a leftover dish, but changes form. The point is to turn the leftovers into something new and fresh so that we don’t feel like we are just repeating the original meal over again.
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
- Large sweet potato raw (mine was 10 oz. Be sure and weigh yours on a food scale to record the correct points!)
- 1/2 cup of my healthy turkey chili I use leftovers
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper any variety
- fresh cilantro and scallions for garnish
- hot sauce optional
- Wash and puncture the raw sweet potato.
- Place the sweet potato on a baking sheet, and bake for an hour at 400 degrees (Note: time cooked will depend on the size of your sweet potato).
- Remove from oven, and cut down the middle.
- Use a fork to poke around and loosen the potato up. This will create some crevices for the chili.
- Heat 1/2 cup of my healthy turkey chili in the microwave for a few second until warm.
- Pour the chili over the sweet potato base.
- Top with sour cream, peppers, cilantro, scallions and hot sauce.
- Devour and enjoy!
All The Toppings
You can add whatever you want on top. Other suggestions that I have enjoyed (may increase the PointsPlus):
- Shredded cheese
- Greek Yogurt
Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear about it in the comments.
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it.