This post contains some affiliate links. Shopping through these links help support this site at no extra cost to you. Opinions are always my own. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Healthy!!!
I love writing about new finds and things that I am loving. Exhibit A: My Resources Page.
I have a few new (to me) things to share, none of which I wanted to devote an entire post to. So! I have made a quick list.
1. My new specs from Warby Parker.
You may have seen my post a few weeks ago about my Warby Parker Free Home Try-On’s experience. I liked the frames they sent me, but I wanted to shop around the brick and mortar stores too. I ended up purchasing Crane in Whiskey Tortoise (pictured above). I love them!
2. (For Bloggers ->) Genesis Framework for WordPress. I purchased this framework, along with the Foodie Theme and Genesis Extender Plugin to improve my site design, and it is allowing me better custom options and functionality over the free theme that I was using before.
I am still learning, but all three of these are proving to be VERY useful for somebody like me who wants to tinker with the design of my site without having to know code.
I am happy to do a tech post (and maybe a video tutorial?) to elaborate on this, if any fellow bloggers out there are interested, so just let me know.
3. Andrea’s blog – Hand and the Heart.
She writes mostly about mom stuff, and she writes so beautifully. There are some recipes for you foodies too!
Our sons are the same age, we are both tall girls, and we love healthy/real food. She takes really fantastic pictures too!
This is one of those I-feel-like-I-know-her-in-real-life kind of things. Even though I only know her from her blog. I just know we would be friends in real life if we lived closer!
4. YouTube – I basically use it like a how-to search engine. Anything that you need to know how to do (blogging tech stuff, recipes, DIY, anything you can imagine!) is on YouTube. I have to be careful because I can get sucked in to watching and end up wasting a lot of time.
My own channel reached over 1200 subscribers this week – yay! I’m definitely NOT the next YouTube sensation to say the least, but I am pretty thankful for my small following. And I can see in my analytics that it is actually driving traffic to my website, which I did not anticipate. Pretty cool. The more people I can reach and help, the better!
5. OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Green: You may already know that I love to make my own salad dressings. This is just small enough to make a few servings, and it is super convenient, since it has the measurement marks across the side, plus the open/close lever lets it double as a shaker and a server. Love it!
6. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, Dark Brown: Beauty and style is admittedly NOT my specialty. But this stuff is so awesome. Especially in the deep south during the summer when all the other eye liners tend to melt down my face and leave me looking like Rocky Raccoon!
I want to improve my images for this blog. I am not looking to be perfect, just better…which admittedly wouldn’t take much! I thought it would be fun to learn how to create better images, so I ordered this on Amazon. I love it so far! And I found out the author also has an awesome blog, AND lives in my city (Birmingham, AL).
What are you loving right now? Any new finds? I LOVE to hear from you all, so leave me some comment love!