If you want an appetizer to take to a party that is super easy and will simultaneously impress your friends, this classic hummus is it!
Hummus is so simple to make, and you can make a huge batch for much less than what you would pay for a small container of the pre-made stuff.
I have gotten to where I always keep some of this classic hummus in the fridge at all times. My three year old eats this with a spoon. I am not even kidding. It’s really that good.
I grab it as a snack all the time, especially if I am hungry and need something to tide me over until I finish feeding the baby, etc. It is also good on sandwiches too.
I love it on crisp veggies or pita chips…YUM!
If you have a food processor, just dump everything in, process it, and poof! It’s like magic. I made a video to demonstrate. 🙂
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Classic Hummus Recipe
I hope y’all enjoy this classic hummus as much as I do! Pin it and share it if it looks good to you.
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup water (can add more for consistency if desired)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- Paprika and Oregano for garnish - about ⅛ teaspoon of each
- Optional: additional water or olive oil for consistency
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Puree/ process to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to a week.