Lazy girl lasagna is a quick and easy dinner with only 7 ingredients that is perfect for weeknights. My whole family LOVES this recipe. Just look at all that ooey, gooey cheese!
I love lasagna, but sometimes I am NOT up for all the work. This recipe is The Perfect Solution.
Instead of using lasagna noodles, I used some wide egg noodles. I also use pre-made, bottled marinara sauce. Instead of meticulous layers, I took a couple of shortcuts. I mixed up the lasagna and meat sauce. I do one layer of that mixture, one layer of the ricotta mixture, another layer of the pasta/meat mix, and top with mozzarella. And BOOM. Dinner perfection, y’all.
If you want to make it look extra pretty, you can throw some chopped Italian parsley on top like I did. Honestly, this was more for the photo. I don’t always do this step when I am making this for my family.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Large pot – I used the same pot to cook the pasta and to cook the meat/ sauce.
- 9 x 13 lasagna pan/ casserole dish
- Mixing bowl (for mixing the ricotta/ parmesan mixture)
- Measuring cups and spoons
Lazy Girl Lasagna Recipe
Lazy Girl Lasagna
- 8 ounce bag of egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bottle of pre-made marinara sauce/ pasta sauce
RICOTTA AND PARMESAN FILLING
- 1 pound of part skim ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated or shaved parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown the meat, and drain the liquid fat off.
- Return the meat to the pot, and stir in pasta sauce.
- Add the pasta back to the pot with the meat sauce, and stir to combine.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add about half of the pasta & meat sauce mixture to the pan, and spread evenly.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture over the pasta, and use the back of the spoon to evenly distribute it.
- Add the second half of the pasta and meat sauce on top.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. Each serving is approximately 9 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have! Pin it and share it if it looks good to you.