Random facts about me:
1. I would rather shop for kitchen gadgets than clothes or shoes.
2. I am an Auburn fan. Graduated from there and love to go back when I can.
3. I am The Voice of Reason in my group of friends.
4. I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with stage 3 Hodgkins lymphoma in September 2018, and you can read more about that here. And read my thoughts after finishing chemo here.
5. I earn a full-time income from my blog. I used to work in various roles in banking and insurance. I now officially have out-earned all my corporate jobs from my work on this blog. 🎉🙌🏻 I work really hard, and my work brings me tons of joy and greater freedom and abundance than I ever experienced in a corporate role.
6. I like to cook and eat.
7. People randomly spill their guts to me a lot in real life. Even strangers, like in the line a the grocery store.
8. I love to sing and play piano.
9. I am highly perceptive and have razor sharp intuition. This does not mean that I know everything, and it does not mean that I am never wrong. But my instincts about people, events and situations are usually spot-on. It freaked my husband out for the first few years we were married.😂 But now he loves to ask for my read on things and people.
10. I love to learn new things, and I embrace my inner nerd. 🤓
11. I used to grow food in my backyard. Then I had babies and couldn’t keep up with that!😆🙃 I hope to get back to it soon. I still keep some fresh herbs growing.
12. I am a highly sensitive person (HSP). Figuring this out was life-changing.
13. I am a quote junkie. Anything that speaks truth in a powerful, succinct, beautiful and/or clever way just GETS me, y’all. It can be song lyrics, poetry, or just quotes.
14. I am so sentimental.
15. I love movies. Except maybe horror movies.😬
16. I have never lied about my age, and I don’t get why people do. 🤷🏼♀️I love getting older, and I wrote about why here.
17. I once took one of those personality tests that are supposed to tell you if you are left-brained or right-brained. I am exactly in the middle, which is apparently pretty rare. That probably explains why my two best subjects in school were English and Math! And why I chose a career that is both highly creative and highly technical.
18. I love the beach. We are lucky to go several times a year to see my parents and sister, who live in Destin, Florida.
19. I used to be a conflict-avoider, but no more.🙅🏼♀️ I hated confrontation for the longest time, but I don’t do that anymore. I choose to deal with issues directly and promptly so they don’t fester and get worse, especially in relationships.
20. I am terrible at decorating and DIY stuff, and I am envious of those who are good at it.
21. I am really tall, 5’10”.
22. My feet grew a half size when I was pregnant and never went back. Leaving me with a bunch of shoes that no longer fit.
23. I use my smart phone for everything, and it is never far from my side.
24. I am really forgetful sometimes.
25. The Star-Spangled Banner makes me tear up. Every. Time.
26. I met my husband at church. We were friends for a couple years before we ever dated.
27. When a news story on animal cruelty comes on, I have to immediately change the channel. I cannot handle it!
28. I am very cautious.
29. I have an MBA, and sometimes I use business analogies in everyday life.
30. I am good with numbers and math. I get this from my Dad.
31. I don’t watch much TV anymore, but love the TV shows Veronica Mars and Lost. And any of the great family shows from the 80s and 90s, like Wonder Years, Cosby Show, Growing Pains, Family Ties, etc. They don’t make shows like this anymore!
32. I search for meaning and purpose, even in small things.
33. I love music. I always am humming or singing a tune to myself, even if I don’t realize it. And I always have a song stuck in my head.
34. I have a really big heart, and I empathize with others very easily.
35. I am a Jack (Jane?) of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of things. I am interested in learning SO many things that I have a hard time focusing my energy on any one thing.
36. I love writing. It helps me to process my thoughts. When I was little, I started a “newspaper” and distributed it to my family…LOL. I also always wrote stories, “books,” and I was always one who kept a journal. I guess I have always had the writing bug.
37. I often read (and enjoy!) things that are completely opposed to everything I believe. I actually enjoy challenging my own beliefs because it forces me to think long and hard about why I believe a certain way.
38. Why talk about food so much? It is a great unifier. It doesn’t matter your race, religion, political leanings…everybody’s gotta eat! And we all love great food. Also, there is so much belief, history and tradition in our food choices (number 32 above is making more sense to you now). It kind of fascinates me.
39. I geek out over things I really like, and it doesn’t matter what it is. Food and music are probably my top two but it can also be ideas, movies, books, technology, etc. I try to play it cool, but my inner fangirl cannot be contained sometimes. I gush. I get excited. I flail my arms. It’s embarrassing.
40. I speak in hyperbole a lot (i.e., I exaggerate for emphasis). I did NOT know this about myself until I married The World’s Most Literal Person, who points it out to me constantly.😉
41. I am lost in thought and “in my head” a lot. Sometimes so much that I cannot even SEE things, people, etc. right in front of me. I will literally walk right past somebody I know without seeing them or saying hello…because I am lost in thought.