Random facts about me:
1. I would rather shop for kitchen gadgets than clothes or shoes.
2. I am an Auburn fan. Graduated from there and love to go back when I can.
3. I am The Voice of Reason in my group of friends.
4. I grow food in my backyard.
5. I like to cook.
6. I like to eat.
7. People ask me for advice a lot in real life.
8. I sing and play piano.
9. I love the TV shows Veronica Mars and Lost.
10. I use spreadsheets in everyday life. Nerd alert!
11. I am learning food photography.
12. I love reading other blogs, which is what inspired me to create one of my own.
13. I am a quote junkie. Anything that speaks truth in a powerful, succinct, beautiful and/or clever way just GETS me, y’all. It can be song lyrics, poetry, or just quotes.
14. I am so sentimental.
15. I love movies. Except maybe horror movies, but I’ll even watch those if they have a decent plot.
16. I love researching my ancestry.
17. I once took one of those personality tests that are supposed to tell you if you are left-brained or right-brained. I am exactly in the middle, which is apparently pretty rare. That probably explains why my two best subjects in school were English and Math!
18. I love the beach.
19. I am a conflict-avoider. Hate confrontation, although I recognize that it is sometimes necessary.
20. I am terrible at decorating and DIY stuff, and I am envious of those who are good at it.
21. I am really tall.
22. My feet grew a half size when I was pregnant and never went back. Leaving me with a bunch of shoes that no longer fit. (Note: They have gone back to my regular size after losing weight!)
23. I use my smart phone for everything, and it is never far from my side.
24. I am really forgetful.
25. The Star-Spangled Banner makes me tear up. Every. Time.
26. I met my husband at church. We were friends for a couple years before we ever dated.
27. When a news story on animal cruelty comes on, I have to immediately change the channel. I cannot handle it!
28. I am very cautious.
29. I have an MBA, and sometimes I use business analogies in everyday life.
30. I am good with numbers and math. I get this from my Dad.
31. My instincts about people and situations are usually spot-on. It almost scares me sometimes.
32. I search for meaning and purpose, even in small things.
33. I love music. I always am humming or singing a tune to myself, even if I don’t realize it. And I always have a song stuck in my head.
34. I have a really big heart, and I empathize with others very easily.
35. I am a Jack (Jane?) of all trades. I know a little bit about a lot of things. I am interested in learning SO many things that I have a hard time focusing my energy on any one thing.
36. I love writing. It helps me to process my thoughts. When I was little, I started a “newspaper” and distributed it to my family…LOL. I also always wrote stories, “books,” and I was always one who kept a journal. I guess I have always had the writing bug.
37. I have a variety of random interests, and I am always loving to read stuff about science, nutrition, philosophy, psychology, etc. I often read (and enjoy!) things that are completely opposed to everything I believe. I actually enjoy challenging my own beliefs because it forces me to think long and hard about why I believe a certain way.
38. Why talk about food so much? It is a great unifier. It doesn’t matter your race, religion, political leanings…everybody’s gotta eat! And we all love great food. Also, there is so much belief, history and tradition in our food choices (number 32 above is making more sense to you now). It kind of fascinates me.
39. I geek out over things I really like, and it doesn’t matter what it is. Food and music are probably my top two but it can also be ideas, movies, books, technology, etc. I try to play it cool, but my inner fangirl cannot be contained sometimes. I gush. I get excited. I flail my arms. It’s embarrassing.
40. I speak in hyperbole a lot (i.e., I exaggerate for emphasis). I did NOT know this about myself until I married The World’s Most Literal Person, who points it out to me constantly.
41. I am lost in thought and “in my head” a lot. Sometimes so much that I cannot even SEE things, people, etc. right in front of me. I will literally walk right past somebody I know without seeing them or saying hello…because I am lost in thought.