Instant pot white chicken chili is super easy and delicious dinner that comes together in less than thirty minutes.
Fall is in full swing, and we have been eating the heck out of some soup and chili! It’s just perfect for those crisp fall evenings, and the possibilities are endless.
A couple weeks ago I started craving some white chicken chili, and I needed it to be incredibly quick and easy. Cue my eyes looking at my Instant Pot sitting on the kitchen counter.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
I can almost hear your voices now, internet friends. Marjorie! Are you ever going to shut up about the stupid Instant Pot?!
Probably not anytime soon. I have so many recipe ideas and adaptations that I want to do in my Instant Pot. I don’t even have time to cook, photograph and publish them all, but I am keeping a running list!
No worries if you don’t have (or even want) an Instant Pot, though. This is not going to become a pressure-cooking-only-blog. Pinkie promise! It’s just a fun new kitchen gadget that I am still learning how to use.
I am making a point to throw in some non-Instant Pot recipes so that I don’t lose all of you…LOL! (See my recent southern skillet corn bread, also seen in these photos.)
But this soup! Goodness gracious y’all, I literally threw everything in at once, cooked at high pressure manual for thirteen short minutes, quick release, shred my chicken…and poof! Quick, easy delicious dinner with raves from my son and husband.
And this is what I got: this delicious, flavorful white chicken chili.
I will be adapting this for stovetop and (maybe) slow cooker eventually. But for now I am publishing it as strictly an Instant Pot recipe. It should also work in a stovetop pressure cooker. If you are doing that, check out this handy little guide from Hip Pressure Cooking, FYI.
Tools Used to Make Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links, which support this site at no extra cost to you.
Instant Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
If this recipe looks tasty to you, please pin it and share it!
- 1.3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 5 cups chicken stock (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) can white northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4-ounce can diced green chilis, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, and place the lid on and lock it.
- Use the manual keys to set the Instant Pot to 13 minutes manual.
- After the cooking has completed, use the quick release lever to release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the chicken thighs, and use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Return chicken to the pot, and serve immediately.
For frozen chicken thighs, I still use the same cook time. I just add 5 minutes of naturally pressure release (NPR), and then release quick release valve. The chicken was perfect!
Be sure and follow me on Pinterest for more deliciousness!