Tortellini pasta salad is perfect for spring and summer, and it makes a great side dish or easy vegetarian meal.
We have definitely been enjoying the warmer spring temperature here in Alabama! We have a long warm season here. “Summer” really runs from about May until October, with some nice milder days around it.
That kind of weather has me longing for simple and flavorful dishes like this – tortellini pasta salad.
This recipe is my mom’s brainchild. She took an Ina Garten recipe, and used her method for making the dressing. And then she changed up the type of pasta to tortellini (genius!), plus added some different veggies.
I have been hearing the raves on this tortellini pasta salad since last summer from my dad and my sister, who eat my mom’s version on the regular.
I am only just now getting around to making it myself. After tasting it, I knew I had to share it here. It is SO absolutely delicious!😋🙌🏻
I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we have! Let me know if you try it.
Tools Used to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links. Shopping through these links supports this site at NO extra cost to you.
- Measuring spoons
- Dry ingredient measuring cups
- Measuring cup
- Knife and cutting board
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium sized pot for cooking the tortellini
- Strainer for draining the tortellini
Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and share it.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
Tortellini pasta salad is great for spring and summer, and it makes a great side dish or easy vegetarian meal. Garlic, tomatoes, artichokes, kalamata olives, basil, olive oil.
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (olives and cheese make it salty, but test to see if you want to add more)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, plus extra for serving (fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley works well as a substitute)
- 10 ounce pack of cheese tortellini cooked to package instructions - I used Trader Joe's
- 1 12 ounce jar marinated, quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar pitted kalamata olives, drained
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
For the dressing (make ahead)
Add the halved tomatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped basil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to a bowl; stir and let sit covered at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours.
To assemble the pasta salad
Add the cooked tortellini, drained artichokes, drained olives to the dressing mixture, and stir to combine.
Serve immediately at room temperature with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
For leftovers, be sure and remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes or so prior to eating to let the oil melt back to liquid form.
Nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.