This stuffed baked sweet potato is just one of the ways I use my Mexican shredded chicken. You can make the chicken specifically for this, or you can make use of the leftovers, like I did here.
But before we get to the stuffed baked sweet potato recipe…
Can we just take a minute and marvel at the glorious sweet potato?! I mean, they taste awesome for one. But do you know they are very nutrient dense?
Sweet potatoes are packed with Vitamin A and Vitamin C, plus they also contain some protein, potassium, iron, calcium and fiber. (<-I am no nutritionist, but I am a top-notch Googler!). They are basically a nutritional slam dunk.
I love to eat them baked with some real butter and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top.
And don’t even get me started on the sweet potato casserole that my mom makes at Thanksgiving!
Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato Recipe
Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato
- 1 medium sweet potato (mine was 9 ounces)
- 2 ounces Mexican shredded chicken
- 1/8 cup canned black beans
- 1/3 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 medium avocado
- chives for garnish
- juice from one slice of lime
- Wash the potatoes, and pierce with a knife.
- Bake on 400 degrees until soft (about an hour).
- Cut in half and loosen each half of the potato flesh with a fork.
- Top with the chicken, back beans, avocado, cheese, chives and lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
Be sure and let me know if you try it!
And if you really like this recipe, please pin and share it.