Last week I showed you how to roast red peppers in the oven, and today I am showing you something you can make with them – this roasted red pepper hummus!
If you need a heathy snack or appetizer, this roasted red pepper hummus is a great, yummy option. This recipe is adapted from my roasted garlic hummus recipe, and the roasted red peppers just add another layer of delicious flavor.
It is just as simple as putting a few simple ingredients into my trusty food processor. And voila! This yummy snack magically appears.
Tools Used in This Recipe
Note: these are Amazon affiliate links.
There are a few key tools that you will need to make this recipe.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained, 14.5 ounces
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice & zest of half a lemon
- 65 grams roasted red pepper about half a pepper
- 1/4 cup water (can add more or less for consistency if desired)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste (I did 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 clove of garlic
- Oregano for garnish - about ⅛ teaspoon
- Put all ingredients (except for the water) in the food processor, and process until well-combined (about 30 seconds).
- Stream in water, until desired consistency is reached. This will vary, based on the juiciness of your lemon. So just add a little at a time until the consistency is how you prefer.
- Serve immediately, refrigerate leftovers.
Modification Note - I have made this with white kidney (cannellini) beans too, and it works great!
Each serving is 2 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers. Additional nutrition information was calculated using a nutrition label generator.
Each serving is about 2.5 tablespoons.
To fancy it up a bit, I like to add a few things on top. This part is totally optional. Some topping suggestions: additional diced roasted red peppers, drizzle of olive oil, feta, diced olives, diced cucumbers. Let your imagination run wild!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin and share it if you like it.