Are you getting bored with the same old oatmeal? Today I add a hint of fall to my basic oatmeal recipe to create this simple breakfast idea: pumpkin spice oatmeal.
Last week I made pumpkin spice bread, and I had some leftover canned pumpkin. So I thought…why not stir some into my morning oatmeal? I also traded out my usual cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice. The result is a warm little bowl of heaven!
My Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried chia seed
- dash of salt to taste
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- In a microwave safe bowl stir together the chia seeds and dry oats.
- Add water, almond milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, spice and salt, and stir to combine.
- Microwave* on high until boiling, for about 2.5 minutes (Microwave times may vary. Watch out for boil-over!)
- Let sit in microwave for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from microwave and stir in maple syrup.
- Add more toppings, if desired! I added chopped walnuts (adds additional points). Chopped dates, raisins or craisins would also be delicious (note extra points).
Using the recipe builder, this recipe comes out to 5 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers.
*For those of you who shy away from microwaves, this can totally be made on the stovetop! Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat and simmer on low for a minute or two.
Did you make this pumpkin spice oatmeal? I would love to hear what you think about it. Leave me a comment below.
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!