Today I am sharing a new recipe: peach muffins. Summer is peach season here in Alabama, and there are few things more tasty than a Chilton county peach!
My mom brought me a big basket of them last week when they came to visit. And of course they all ripen at once! So I have been eating them plain, putting them on oatmeal, and making muffins.
These are so good, even if I do say so myself. My husband and toddler both gobbled them up without batting an eyelash, so you know they pass the taste test. And they are very Weight Watchers friendly at 3 PointsPlus a piece.
Peach Muffin Recipe
Peach muffins are a delicious summer treat, and they are simple to make.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cup fresh diced peaches or unsweetened frozen peaches
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, canola oil, applesauce and Greek yogurt.
- Dice peaches into small chunks, and add to the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients, in batches, with the mixer on low to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray, and add batter (yields 12 standard sized muffins).
- Bake for about 22 minutes, until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick insert comes out clean.