These oven baked sweet potato fries are simple, healthy and delicious. We make them in my house all the time. They are so good that I forget that they are actually healthy.
Yes, sweet potatoes are one of the powerhouse veggies. They pack tons of great nutrition, plus they taste really good.
It only takes a little bit of oil to give them that crispy outside texture. I use about a teaspoon of olive oil per serving.
Olive oil is also really good for you. If you are team Weight Watchers like me, you can check off one of your healthy oils for the day.
Lazy Girl Tips
I prefer to leave the skin on my sweet potatoes. It is just easier, plus I like eating the skins. Feel free to peel yours if you choose.
I prefer to use parchment paper to line my baking sheet. I find this works much better than cooking spray at preventing the fries from sticking to the pan. Plus, it makes for super easy clean-up.
Tip: I buy my parchment paper in gargantuan sized rolls from Costco. It is WAY cheaper there than it is at my grocery store. You could try a silicon baking liner, or just use cooking spray if you don’t have any parchment paper on hand.
Alrighty then, let’s get to the recipe!
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These oven baked sweet potato fries are simple, delicious and healthy.
- 14 ounces raw sweet potato (I used one large weighed on my food scale)
- 1/2 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- parchment paper
- cooking sheet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice up your sweet potato into finger-sized fries. They don't have to be perfect, but try to keep the size fairly consistent.
- Place the potato slices in a mixing bowl, along with the oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Toss to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the potatoes on the baking sheet, and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy my oven baked sweet potato fries!
Did you try this recipe?
I would love to hear about it. Leave me a comment.
If you really like this recipe, please pin it and share it.