Italian chopped salad is a restaurant quality salad that will wow everybody, and it is full of lots of fresh flavor.
This salad is legit, y’all. I mean, the fact that its visual game it top notch doesn’t hurt. Just look at all those colors.😍
Italian chopped salad may have even the pickiest eaters wanting to eat their veggies.
Side note: see ALL my yummy salad recipes here in the archives.
For best results, always use the best quality ingredients that you have access to.
You could customize this with whatever veggies you want. But I highly recommend the ones I use here for a winning combination: greens, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, olives, cucumber, onion and mozzarella cheese.
This Italian chopped salad is tied together with a yummy homemade dressing. Optional: sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top for extra cheesy flavor. Two kinds of cheese on one salad? I mean, why not? 😉👌🏻
Alternatively, vegan and dairy free friends feel free to leave off cheese altogether. It will still be very yummy. Or use your favorite dairy free cheese.
Assembling Italian chopped salad
If you’ve never made your own dressing, it’s so easy y’all. Just add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and shake to combine.
Alternatively, put everything into a bowl and whisk it together. As with many dressings, the longer this sits, the better it gets.
Assembling the Italian chopped salad mostly involves, well, chopping. 😉 You can use larger cuts as seen in these photos. Or you can do a finer dice. I’ve enjoyed it both ways.
Once everything is prepped and chopped, just add it to a big bowl, and pour on the dressing.
And toss to combine. Optional: add some parmesan cheese if you wish.
And be sure and let me know if you try it by leaving a comment below.
Italian Chopped Salad Recipe
Did you try this recipe? Give it a star rating. Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. And be sure and stay connected on social media!
Italian Chopped Salad
Italian chopped salad is a restaurant quality salad that will please everybody, and it is full of lots of fresh flavor.
For the salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce - thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese cubed
- ½ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup banana peppers sliced
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers sliced
- ½ cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives - sliced
For the dressing
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Assemble the salad. Place the lettuce into the bottom of a large bowl. Layer on the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Mix up the dressing. Add all dressing ingredients to a mason jar and shake well to emulsify.
- Dress and toss. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss.
- Serve. Enjoy cold