Today I am showing you how to make your own homemade condensed cream of chicken soup.
With the holidays just around the corner, this would be a great recipe to keep in your arsenal. Making this is so super easy (and cheap!) that you may never buy the canned stuff again.
And it is made with a few simple ingredients.
Whether you are avoiding a bunch of sketchy ingredients you cannot pronounce, or if you want to skip the extra trip to the store…this is a fantastic substitute for condensed cream soup. I have tried it in just about every recipe that I previous used canned condensed soup in. And it works great!
Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup Recipe
Homemade Cream Condensed Soup
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup milk any type (I am using 1%)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (you can sub 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder + 1/4 teaspoon salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add flour to the pan, and whisk together to make a roux (about 1 to 1.5 minutes)
- Add the chicken broth and milk, and whisk together to smooth out the lumps.
Stir in garlic salt.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking until mixture thickens, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use as you would a regular can of condensed soup.
This recipe can be used to substitute for one can of cream condensed soup in any recipe.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Pin it and try it for yourself!