More often than not, I eat leftovers for lunch. But I get bored eating the leftovers exactly as I ate them before. So I challenge myself to come up with new dishes using my leftovers.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, I say to myself as I start to create my lunch each day.
Leftover grilled chicken was the start of this recipe. You can use the meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken, or even roast some up on your own. Maybe I’ll do a future post on THAT, now that I think about it.
I also had a ginormous tub of raspberries in my fridge that I picked up from Whole Foods over the weekend, which were on sale. I always keep a batch of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette on hand. And artichoke hearts, goat cheese and walnuts are also staples at my house.
So after standing with the fridge open for a moment, the inspiration struck, and this beautiful salad was created by me…your humble hungry foodie! 🙂
Grilled Chicken Salad with Raspberries, Walnuts and Artichoke Hearts
- 5 ounces of cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups of mixed baby greens
- 2/3 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- 2 in artichoke hearts quartered, water
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 serving of my homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- Make a base with a bed of greens.
- Slice up chicken, and put on top.
- Add raspberries and artichoke hearts.
- Top with goat cheese, walnuts and the dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe is 9 PointsPlus on Weight Watchers. Be sure and measure your ingredients carefully to account for the points.
Did you try this recipe? I would love to hear about it in the comments.
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!