My green monster smoothie is the BEST green smoothie recipe, and my kids request it constantly (yes, really!).
Welcome to the cliché zone, where healthy food blogger makes a green smoothie recipe. 😂✅ I am embracing that cliché today, y’all. 💁🏼♀️
Because as you may have seen on my Instagram story, my two year old and five year old ASK for this green monster smoothie almost every day. So you know it’s legit tasty.
Plus, St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, so I figured it was fitting to post something green. 🍀 The ingredients in this are super charged too, and they do a body good. 💪🏻👊🏻
Hold up, let me put on my nerd glasses!🤓 Ahem.
I am not a medical professional, but I can google with the best of them! 😆😉 Here are just a few benefits of the ingredients:
- Kale – anti inflammatory, antioxidant, detoxification, anti cancer, vision supporter
- Parsley – detoxifies, natural diuretic, hormone balancer, fights kidney stones
- Mango – loads of vitamin C, supports healthy blood sugar, blood pressure, brain health, immunity, bones, heart + so much more
- Banana – energy, digestion, mood boosting, supports brain, skin, bone
- Ginger – fights nausea, fights fungal infections, eases menstrual pain, eases inflammation, supports digestion
- pumpkin seeds – anti parasitic, healthy fats, helps make the smoothie more filling
But nutritional glory aside, none of that matter to my kids if it doesn’t taste awesome. And it does. 🤗
Some plain unsweetened almond milk helps blend everything together nice and smooth. And if things look too thick you can always add more almond milk (or water) to make it a little thinner.
We make this for breakfast or as a snack or side item to other things. Also, a high speed blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix likely works best for this recipe.
Tools Used to Make Green Monster Smoothie
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links. Shopping through these links supports this site at NO extra cost to you.
- Blender – High speed blenders like a Blendtec (the one I have) or Vitamix work best
- Measuring cups or digital food scale
Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and share it.
Green Monster Smoothie (BEST green smoothie recipe)
My green monster smoothie is the BEST green smoothie, and my kids ask for it almost daily.
- 12 ounces plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana (mine was 120 grams peeled)
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened mango chunks
- 9 grams ginger (I just did a small slice, half of what is shown in the photo)
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
I always try to add ingredients in order from softest to hardest, so add ingredients in the order listed above for best results.
Put the lid on, and blend until smooth, about 50 seconds.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.