My copycat Newk’s favorite salad is so delicious, tangy and fresh, and it tastes just like the one from Newk’s Express Cafe.
One of my hobbies is to try and make my favorite restaurant dishes at home. >>>See my copycat recipe archives here.<<<
Maybe it’s the season of life I am in right now. With a four-year-old and a one-year-old, restaurant outings tend to feel more like nightmares. 😫😜
So we stay home most of the time for practical reasons. But! I miss my favorite restaurant dishes sometimes. So I just try to recreate them at home. 🤗
And when I decided to get my Newk’s fix and recreate my usual, I hit a home run y’all! 👏🏻🙌🏻 I love the combination of chicken, red grapes, dried cranberries, pecans, gorgonzola, artichoke hearts and romaine lettuce. 😋
And yes, I totally made my own tangy sherry vinaigrette from scratch to top it off. 😎
I made a batch of my Instant Pot chicken thighs to be the chicken in this recipe. I just sliced them instead of shredding them, as mentioned in the original recipe. Store-bought rotisserie chicken also works beautifully! My Instant Pot chicken breasts OR my grill pan chicken are also great options.
And if you hate gorgonzola cheese, goat cheese (although not true to Newk’s recipe) is a great substitute that works nicely in this salad.
Then just toss it all together…
And in the spirit of Newk’s, I ate my giant salad right in the tossing bowl. And I’m NOT mad about it! 😍
Tools Used to Make Copycat Newk’s Favorite Salad
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links. Shopping through these links supports this site at NO extra cost to you.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Tongs are handy for tossing
- Mason jar with lid or salad dressing shaker for making the dressing
- Optional: Instant Pot, if you want to make the chicken like I did.
- Just for funsies: Nail color Zoya Perrie 🤣💅🏻
Copycat Newk’s Favorite Salad Recipe
If this recipe looks good to you, please pin it and share it.
Copycat Newk's Favorite Salad
- 3 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved (about 15 grapes)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons gorganzola cheese
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced cooked chicken (Rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken or Instant Pot chicken all work great)
For the sherry vinaigrette dressing (makes extra - 4 to 6 servings)
- 1/4 cup sherry vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespooms pure 100% maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- pinch of salt and pepper
Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, or other container with a tight fitting lid and shake to combine.
Make a bed of greens on a large plate in in a large bowl.
Add other ingredients on top.
Toss with dressing, and enjoy!
Feel free to add more or less of any of the toppings to suit your tastes.
I do not dress and toss the salad until just prior to eating.