This chickpea salad recipe makes a delicious, wholesome and satisfying meal or side dish you can throw together in a snap.
This one is so yummy, y’all! Of course you can enjoy it anytime, but it is especially refreshing in the spring and summer. It would be great to enjoy at a barbecue or on a picnic.
And would you look at all those beautiful colors?! So pretty.
How to make chickpea salad
First, gather your ingredients.
For tastiest results, always use the best quality ingredients you have access to.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. See my full affiliate disclosure policy here.
To make this chickpea salad recipe, you will need the following:
- canned chickpeas
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- kalamata olives
For the dressing
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Assembling chickpea salad
First, chop the veggies. Then, assemble the salad. In a large salad bowl mix together the chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, olives, parsley and dill.
Then mix up the dressing. In a small bowl or mason jar combine all of the dressing ingredients and mix well to emulsify.
Dress the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything in the dressing.
Divide the salad between bowls and serve cold or at room temperature.
I hope y’all enjoy it! Let me know if you end up trying it.
Share this recipe
Did you try this recipe? Give it a star rating. Pin it and share it if it looks good to you. And be sure and stay connected on social media!
Be sure and check out all my favorite kitchen tools in my Amazon store (affiliate).
For the salad
- 30 ounces chickpeas two 15-ounce cans – drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper – chopped into small pieces
- 1 cucumber medium – chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon dill fresh, chopped
For the dressing
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Assemble the salad. In a large salad bowl mix together the chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, olives, parsley and dill.
- Mix up the dressing. In a small bowl or mason jar combine all of the dressing ingredients and mix well to emulsify.
- Dress the salad. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat everything in the dressing.
- Serve. Divide the salad between bowls and serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. It includes all of the dressing, which you may not need to use.