This BBQ ranch chopped salad makes a delicious and filling meal, perfect for using leftover rotisserie chicken!
So one of my hidden talents happens to be making over leftovers into a totally different meal. If you were a regular follower of my What I Ate Wednesday posts, you know what I am talking about!
Since I am at home a lot, I end up eating leftovers for lunch most days. And I don’t necessarily want a total repeat of a recent dinner.
So I was standing in front of my fridge one day, wondering what I could do with some leftover rotisserie chicken. I also happened to have some homemade ranch dressing and some BBQ sauce in my fridge as well. And the idea for this salad was born.
Sometimes I mix my BBQ sauce and my ranch dressing together, but this particular day I just drizzled them both on top. And the result? Salad perfection!
Another requirement for salad-as-a-meal for me: it HAS to be filling! No bird food for this girl. I like my salads to have some bulk.
A little protein from the chicken and cheese, plus protein and fiber from the black beans and good, healthy fat from the avocado does the trick. Plus the flavor combination is just. So. Good!
This salad would be very easy to customize as well. For my vegetarian friends, you could leave off the chicken, and add extra beans. Also some corn kernels would have been good on this! I just did not have any on hand.
BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad Recipe
BBQ Ranch Chopped Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breast (I used leftover rotisserie chicken but my grill pan chicken would also be great on this salad
- 1/4 cup cheddar jack cheese
- Avocado diced (I used 1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- Make a bed of greens with the lettuce.
- Add the chicken, cheese, avocado, beans and tomatoes on top.
- Finish off with a drizzle of ranch dressing and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. (<- I recommend my own, but you can use any type.)
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! Pin it if it looks good to you.
Leave a Reply