Today I am showing you how to make my no flip over easy eggs AND the ultimate breakfast sandwich.
I rarely go out for breakfast. Mostly because I very much enjoy the breakfast foods I make for myself. You see, breakfast is kind of my jam.
I make breakfast sandwiches a lot too, and most of them are some variation of this sandwich, which I am calling my ultimate breakfast sandwich.
Ways I adjust it? Sometimes I switch up the type of cheese. Or add a couple slices of fresh tomato. If I am going lighter, I will make it on light bread, or sometimes I will use egg whites only.
Egg whites are fine, but sometimes you just need to yummy runny middle of a whole egg. Amiright?! Just look at that deliciousness! I would hate to miss out on that!
And speaking of eggs! I posted my no flip over easy egg method to YouTube this week. Here it is, in case you missed it.
Not to be overly dramatic, but that little egg-cooking hack was pretty life changing for me.
Oh and avocado! I love adding a few slices of fresh avocado when I have it. It doesn’t take much to get the creamy texture and flavor – only about 1/4 of an avocado. And when I have some on hand that are just perfect…I cannot resist. Just look at this beauty!
And in the last couple of years my love of Sriracha has led me to try it on all sorts of things, and I really love it on this sandwich. You can skip this part, if you like. But oh. My. Word!! Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Non-stick skillet. I am using a porcelain one like this.
- Silicone spoonula or egg turner to lift the egg from the pan when it’s done.
- Some sort of a flat lid to cover the skillet. I use one from a different pot. As long as it covers it (even if it hangs over), you are good.
Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of toast, using the bread of your choice
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (I am using Sargento extra thin)
- ¼ medium avocado
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
- Toast two pieces of bread.
- Cook the egg, using my no flip perfect egg method.
- Once these are both done, you are ready to assemble.
- I put the cheese on the bottom, and place the cooked egg on top. The heat from the egg melts the cheese.
- Press the avocado slices on the other slice of bread.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Sriracha, if desired.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. Pin and share!