Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links, which support A Pinch of Healthy at no cost to you. All opinions are always my own.
Today I am sharing the best roasted garlic hummus recipe …like ever! And excuse me while I toot my own horn. (I kid, I kid.)
But seriously! I have been tinkering with this for years. And I’ve finally got it down.
This recipe is optimized for taste, not Weight Watchers points. So I may try lightening it up a little more to make it more points friendly.
But hummus is pretty healthy to begin with, in my opinion. So if you want a really yummy version…this is the recipe to try! It is 2pp for 2.5 tablespoon. It makes a great snack if you pair it with some sliced veggies for dipping. Yum!
And you definitely need a good food processor. You can see mine here if you are interested.
The Best Roasted Garlic Hummus Recipe
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/3 cup water (can add more for consistency if desired)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 3 cloves of garlic roasted
- teaspoon Paprika and Oregano for garnish - about 1/8 of each
- Roast the cloves of garlic in their skins (drizzled with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil) at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Puree/ process to combine.
- Transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle with paprika and oregano.
- Optional: Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil
I have also created a video tutorial as a companion for this recipe post. It has a few extra tips, FYI.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Be sure and let me know if you try it.
Now excuse me while I do a face plant into the yumminess!