This spiralizer Greek salad is a light and refreshing side dish made with cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, chickpeas, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.
This recipe is an oldie but goodie! I decided that it needed a little photography love. Not that I am perfect at food photography, but I sure have improved since two years ago when I originally published this recipe.
Spiralizer Greek salad uses some of the best summer produce! I love anything with tomatoes and basil…a winning combination!
And these tomatoes! I originally used a large tomato for this recipe, but today I am subbing about a cup and a half of these heirloom multicolored tomatoes that I got at Trader Joe’s. Aren’t they gorgeous!?
You can totally use a big tomato and just dice it up, though, if that is what you have available.
In this recipe I decided to spiral cut some cucumbers, and it worked out great!
They are so refreshing, and you don’t have to worry about cooking them. Cucumbers do give off some water, though, so I would suggest that you make this and eat it pretty soon after assembling it since the mixture tends to get watery by the next day.
This spiralizer Greek salad recipe uses my homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing, one of my most popular recipes. The recipe makes four to six servings, and I estimate that each serving is about a cup. This will vary based on the size of your cucumbers and tomato.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
- A spiral slicer – I am using the Paderno spiral vegetable slicer.
- Something to mix your dressing, like a mason jar.
- Tongs for serving
- I also use some kitchen shears to go through and cut some of the reeeally long veggie ribbons.
Spiralizer Greek Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers (or 1 extra large), spiralized
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons tap water
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard (spicy brown works as well)
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- dash of black pepper
- Fresh Basil leaves for garnish
- Combine balsamic vinegar, water, EVOO, mustard, honey and black pepper in a container with a lid. Apply the lid, and shake to combine.
- Place the spiralized cucumber, diced tomatoes, feta and chickpeas in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over, and toss to combine.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.
If you have been thinking about buying a Spiralizer for yourself, I would say go for it!
Love spiralizer recipes? You may also like my spiralized sweet potato with caramelized onion, goat cheese and pine nuts.