Roasted asparagus with orange vinaigrette is a great simple side dish you are going to love.
If you are in my house, there is a good chance my television is either on the Food Network or Cooking Channel. I keep it on that sometimes as background noise.
The other night I was editing some photos while my husband was in the other room. I had Cooking Channel on, and all of the sudden I look up…and there are Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani Thiessen) and Jessie Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) on my television (!!!). Any other Saved By the Bell fans in the house? 🙂
Apparently there is a new show called Dinner at Tiffani’s, and this girl really cooks! Like for reals.
One of the dishes she was making that particular night inspired this dish. Her recipe really gave me the idea of combining the flavors of asparagus and orange.
So I roasted up some asparagus with a little olive oil, granulated garlic, orange zest, salt and pepper. Honestly you could serve it as is just like this.
But I like the drizzle of a good sauce on top. So I am using one of my existing recipes that is slightly different than Tiffani’s – my orange sherry vinaigrette – in place of her orange glaze. And it works! The flavors compliment each other beautifully.
Tools Used for This Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Roasted Asparagus With Orange Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste (about ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper)
- Drizzle of orange sherry vinaigrette (2 to 4 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, garlic powder, orange zest and salt and pepper until evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle with the orange vinaigrette prior to serving.*
**This recipe is delicious served warm or at room temperature.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin and share it if you like it.