Rainbow roasted vegetables are a simple side dish that is so easy to make.
I am always on the lookout for simple side dishes, and this one fits the bill. I am a big believer that food doesn’t need to be fussy or complicated to be delicious.
No matter what style of eating you live by (vegan, paleo, gluten free, everything-eaters), I’ve yet to see a style of eating that is anti-veggie. Don’t you just love when we can all agree on things!? 🙂
I also have heard many times that you eat with your eyes first. Meaning that visual appeal makes a dish taste even better. That is just one of the many reasons why I love making these rainbow roasted vegetables. Just look at all that beautiful color!
The flavors I am using are simple: olive oil, garlic and thyme.
Side note: I grow fresh thyme in my backyard. This sounds a lot fancier than it really is. I planted it two years ago, and I have done virtually nothing to keep it alive (<- my favorite kind of plant!).
And thyme is a creeper too, y’all! Meaning that it spreads and grows. I actually have a tough time keeping it contained.
If you don’t have any fresh thyme, feel free to use dried thyme. You may want to reduce the amount used, since dried thyme is a little stronger.
I am also using garlic powder/ granulated garlic. Why? This coats the veggies easier than fresh garlic, and that way you don’t end up with chunks of garlic. Feel free to experiment with using fresh garlic, though.
Rainbow Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- 1 cup whole crimini mushrooms
- 1 squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small red onion
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste (about ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop all veggies into similar sized chunks.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Lightly toss the veggies with your hands to coat.
- Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven until tender (about 20 minutes).
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin and share if you like it.