This one pot chicken fajita pasta is a simple, wholesome and easy dinner idea, perfect for weeknight dinners.
Back-to- school season is one of the busiest times of the year, and families are on the lookout for easy meals that deliver big on flavor. Well, I’ve got winner for y’all today!
Enter my one pot chicken fajita pasta. It’s like all the flavors of a chicken fajita dinner, put over pasta. Yum!
My goal with this recipe was to go as simple as possible. I used a few simple ingredients, including a store-bought rotisserie chicken and a pre-mixed spice packet to make this extra simple. Meals like this one help you to forget the ready-made meals and the takeout menus, and create simple, flavorful dinners your whole family will enjoy.
More on that spice packet: These new recipe mixes from McCormick Organics come in four flavors, such as Taco Seasoning Mix, Chili Seasoning Mix, Fajita Seasoning Mix and Brown Gravy Mix.
They have a bunch of simple and wholesome dinner ideas over at McCormick’s NEW Organics Recipe Mixes website. Y’all should totally check those out.
I used the fajita one for my recipe.
And it was a win! Everybody loved it.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Large pot – I used a Cuisinart one similar to this one
- Knife and cutting board for cutting the veggies
- Measuring cup
One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta Recipe
One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced or cut into strips
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 3 cups milk
- 1 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chiles undrained
- 1 packet McCormick Organics Fajita spice packet
- 1 Pound cooked chicken breast diced or shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 16 oz egg noodles or fusili pasta
- Optional: fresh chopped cilantro green onions or avocado for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your pot over medium low heat for about a minute, and add the oil.
- Add the onions and bell pepper, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with chiles, milk and spice packet, and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked chicken and pasta, and stir.
- Bring the liquids to a boil, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover, and cook 4.5 minutes.
- Stir, recover, and cook until pasta is tender, about another 4.5 minutes.
- Stir, remove from heat, and let sit uncovered for 2 minutes to cool and for sauce to thicken.
- Garnish (if desired) with cilantro, green onions or avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.