I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! We did, although it felt a bit strange. It was hot and humid in Alabama. We cranked up the air conditioner, and I even wore short sleeves and flip flops on Christmas Day.
There were also floods and tornados all around us too, which was a bit scary. Our azaleas in the front yard started blooming. And my husband even cut the grass on Saturday…crazy!
But it wasn’t just the weather that made things feel off. We are still on baby watch, and baby girl is not here yet for those of you who are wondering! My family did not come to town either. They are waiting until the baby is born to have our Christmas celebration.
And because of ALL the baby prep tasks, we kept Christmas reeeeeally low key and simple this year. We did not do any Christmas cards. We only put up about half of our decorations. Which was fine by me!
With Christmas over, now the focus shifts to the New Year. But before we ring in 2016, I like to take a look back at 2015 here on the blog.
So today, I am sharing my top recipes for 2015, as decided by page views. (<- Thank you, Google analytics!)
These are always fun for me to do personally, because it helps me see what you all like to cook! And also it gives y’all some great recipes to try that you may have missed the first time around. I hope you enjoy this recipe roundup!
My Top Recipes of 2015
12. Individual blackberry crisp – such a yummy dessert that is easier to make than you would think.
11. Lazy girl lasagna – this one is a new recipe, and it still racked up enough page views to be in the most popular! I love that it is so easy.
10. Spiralizer Greek salad – I love this recipe. It is so simple and delicious. It is an older recipe, and I hope to re-shoot the photos soon.
9. Easy shredded chicken in the slow cooker – This is such a great basic method for making shredded chicken. It was so simple that I almost didn’t even post it to the blog!
8. Greek Potato salad (Zoe’s copycat) – I am a huge fan of Zoe’s Kitchen restaurant! This is my version of their Greek potato salad.
7. Easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette – an oldie, but a goodie! Again, this one is on my list to re-photograph, now that I know how to take better pictures. But it is just SO good. This was the first dressing that I ever made from scratch. And I never bough bottled dressing again. The end. 🙂
6. Grilled pork tenderloin on the stovetop – a simple way to make pork tenderloin with a grill pan. We eat a lot of this at my house!
5. Blueberry oat muffins – these are SO GOOD. You would never know that they are refined sugar free (sweetened with real maple syrup) and whole wheat. Everybody loves these!
4. Spiralizer sweet potato with goat cheese, caramelized onions and pine nuts – this recipe has been a Pinterest rock star! One of the pins has over two thousand re-pins, which makes me so happy. It is so delicious, if I do say so myself.
3. Healthy banana bread – such a classic recipe, with a healthy twist. Made with Greek yogurt and whole wheat flour. You family will never know this is the healthier version. Husband and kid approved!
2. Chicken noodle soup from scratch – I make this every time somebody gets sick in my house. My husband and son LOVE this recipe. It is so simple and delicious that you may never buy the canned stuff again.
And the NUMBER ONE most popular recipe here at A Pinch of Healthy for 2015 was……drumroll….
1. Grilled chicken on the stovetop – This is another one of the recipes that I almost didn’t even publish because I was all like…this is barely even a recipe! But I posted it, and y’all loved it. I almost always make double and then use the leftovers in other dishes. It is truly such a great basic recipe to keep in you rotation.
THANK YOU for following along with my blog! Y’all are the BEST. Stay tuned for Baby Watch. 🙂 I’ll post pictures after she arrived. Here’s to a great 2016!