This Italian dressing from scratch tastes way better than the store-bought kind, and it will have you wanting to eat more salad!
It is no secret that I love to make my own salad dressings! It all started with my signature balsamic vinaigrette. That is still one of my favorites.
But I have been branching out lately. And this! This Italian dressing from scratch just tastes SO fresh and delicious. It is absolutely perfect on a simple salad.
And it is super easy to make. I even made a quick video demo.
If you don’t have fresh parsley, feel free to substitute a tablespoon of dried.
But! May I insist that you use fresh garlic?! It makes such a huge difference. I made a test batch with granulated garlic, and it just wasn’t near as tasty.
If you are making it for a hot dinner date, and you are worried about garlic breath…no fear! If you both eat garlic, it cancels out the garlic breath. 🙂
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Italian Dressing From Scratch Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin it and share it if it looks good.
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of half a small to medium-sized lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in an air-tight container with a lid, and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers, and use for up to one week.
- When using leftovers. be sure and remove from refrigerator at least thirty minutes or so ahead to allow the olive oil solids to melt.