This Italian dressing from scratch tastes way better than the store-bought kind, and it will have you wanting to eat more salad!
It is no secret that I love to make my own salad dressings! It all started with my signature balsamic vinaigrette. That is still one of my favorites.
But I have been branching out lately. And this! This Italian dressing from scratch just tastes SO fresh and delicious. It is absolutely perfect on a simple salad.
And it is super easy to make. I even made a quick video demo.
If you don’t have fresh parsley, feel free to substitute a tablespoon of dried.
But! May I insist that you use fresh garlic?! It makes such a huge difference. I made a test batch with granulated garlic, and it just wasn’t near as tasty.
If you are making it for a hot dinner date, and you are worried about garlic breath…no fear! If you both eat garlic, it cancels out the garlic breath. 🙂
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
Italian Dressing From Scratch Recipe
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Pin it and share it if it looks good.
Italian Dressing From Scratch
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of half a small to medium-sized lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in an air-tight container with a lid, and shake to combine.
- Refrigerate leftovers, and use for up to one week.
- When using leftovers. be sure and remove from refrigerator at least thirty minutes or so ahead to allow the olive oil solids to melt.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.