Today I am showing you how to roast red peppers at home.
There is definitely a time and place for taking the shortcut and buying the jars of roasted peppers. But we are quickly approaching pepper season…where you can buy them fresh on the cheap!
I love to throw roasted red peppers into salads and pasta dishes. And most recently, I have been making roasted red pepper hummus.
YUM. And that recipe is coming soon!!! Stay tuned. 🙂
Tools Used in this Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
How to Roast Red Peppers – The Recipe
How to Roast Red Peppers
- Red bell peppers as many as you want!
- Olive oil optional
- Turn on the broiler on your oven.
- Cut the cap off each pepper, and pull out the seeds. Discard.
- Cut the peppers in half, and lay skin side up on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Broil until skins are charred black, about10 minutes.
- Cover with foil and let the peppers steam for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove foil, and peel the charred skins off.
- Slice each pepper half into strips (at your desired thickness).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Optional: to make them last a bit longer, pour a coating of olive oil over the peppers and toss to combine.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Pin and share if you like it!