Most days at lunch I challenge myself to make something new, creative and yummy using only what I already have on hand. Sometimes the result is not that great. But other times a happy accident occurs, and today is an example of that. Don’t you just love a little culinary serendipity?! 🙂
Just check out this fall salad….MMM!
I used some leftover chicken breast on a bed of spinach as my base. You could use my own grilled chicken recipe or leftover rotisserie chicken breast. Either will do!
I knew I wanted to use goat cheese, which is one of my go-tos. LOVE the tartness and creaminess of goat cheese, especially combined with fruit. So I searched my fridge for some fruit to add. As luck would have it, I had just bough a huge box of pomegranate seeds at Costco. Ding, ding, ding!
Now it just needed a little something else, so I grabbed an apple and some kale sprouts for the finishing touches, and voila! Luch is served.
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups raw baby spinach
- ⅔ ounce goat cheese, crumbled (I used belle chevre)
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- ½ apple, sliced
- ¼ cup kale sprouts
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Sliced the chicken, and put it on top of a bed of spinach.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- Top it off with the kale sprouts and sliced apple.
- Dress the salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
Be sure and let me know if you try it!
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!