I have made this same easy meat loaf for years. And my mom made it for us growing up too.
Meat loaf is one of the quintessential comfort foods, in my opinion. It just makes me think of home.
I have tried many more complicated, fancy-pants versions, but I always keep coming back to this simple meat loaf recipe.
As the saying goes, if it ain’t broke…don’t fix it!
My meat loaf has showed up in several of my What I Ate Wednesday posts. And after several requests, I decided to share the recipe.
Easy Meat Loaf
- 1.25 pounds ground beef 85/15
- 1/2 small to medium yellow onion chopped fine
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs ground in food processor or blender
- 1/3 cup milk ( I use skim but any will do)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 ketchup for topping I use Annie's organic
- Combine all ingredients, except ketchup.
- Mix lightly with your hands.
- Shape in a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
- Remove and spread with ketchup.
- Return to oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
- Drain off the liquid fat, and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you try it.
If you like this recipe, please pin and share it.