Today I am reposting an oldie, but goodie: my easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
This is one of my most popular and well-loved recipes, complete with some new YouTube video love. 🙂
The ingredient list is pretty simple, and you likely already have these items in your pantry or fridge.
My original post included instructions on how to make a single serving, which I do all the time. But! I know some people prefer to make a whole jar to eat off for a week or two. So I refreshed things a bit.
I love using a mason jar to make this lately. If you would rather make a whole bottle, use the proportions in parentheses in the below recipe.
This dressing is pretty strong and flavorful, so you don’t need a ton to get big flavor. One serving is about 1.5 tablespoons. If you need more, you don;t have to feel too bad since it is pretty light and healthy.
Balsamic vinaigrette is one of my ALL time favorites because it is so versatile. I use it multiple times a week, and I use it in a ton of my recipes here on the blog.
Some examples of other recipes I use this in
Easy Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Let me know if you try it. It is one of my favorites! Pin this recipe if it looks good to you.
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon water (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard (1/4 cup)
- drop of honey (1 teaspoon)
- salt and pepper to taste (pinch of black pepper)
- optional dash of dried oregano and dried basil (1/8 teaspoon for whole bottle)
- jar with a lid for mixing
- Ingredients are given for a single serving, with measurements for a bottle in parentheses.
- Put all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to mix. How easy is that?!
- Enjoy immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers (
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. Each serving is approximately 2 SmartPoints or 1 PointPlus on Weight Watchers.