Today I am reposting an oldie, but goodie: my easy homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
This is one of my most popular and well-loved recipes, complete with some new YouTube video love. 🙂
The ingredient list is pretty simple, and you likely already have these items in your pantry or fridge.
My original post included instructions on how to make a single serving, which I do all the time. But! I know some people prefer to make a whole jar to eat off for a week or two. So I refreshed things a bit.
I love using a mason jar to make this lately. If you would rather make a whole bottle, use the proportions in parentheses in the below recipe.
This dressing is pretty strong and flavorful, so you don’t need a ton to get big flavor. One serving is about 1.5 tablespoons. If you need more, you don;t have to feel too bad since it is pretty light and healthy.
Balsamic vinaigrette is one of my ALL time favorites because it is so versatile. I use it multiple times a week, and I use it in a ton of my recipes here on the blog.
Some examples of other recipes I use this in
Easy Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Let me know if you try it. It is one of my favorites! Pin this recipe if it looks good to you.
Easy Homemade Single Serving Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup for whole bottle)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (1/4 cup for whole bottle)
- 1 teaspoon water (1/4 cup for whole bottle)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or spicy brown mustard (1/4 cup for whole bottle)
- drop of honey (1 teaspoon for whole bottle)
- salt and pepper to taste (pinch of black pepper)
- optional dash of dried oregano and dried basil (1/8 teaspoon for whole bottle)
- jar with a lid for mixing
- Ingredients are given for a single serving, with measurements for a bottle in parentheses.
- Put all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake to mix. How easy is that?!
- Enjoy immediately, and refrigerate any leftovers (<- take out of fridge & leave a room temperature for a few minutes prior to serving.
Measurements are given for a single serving, as well as a multi-serving bottle in parentheses.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator. Each serving is approximately 2 SmartPoints or 1 PointPlus on Weight Watchers.