This easy homemade salsa is a real crowd pleaser, y’all. It’s a seven ingredient recipe, and you can make it a blender or food processor.
Oh, how I LOVE a great salsa. I’ve been known to pick up huge jars of salsa at Costco and polish them off without much help.
But dare I say I have been converted to the homemade variety?
Oh, y’all! This easy homemade salsa is SO very, very tasty. And oh-so-easy!
I went with the canned tomatoes for this version for this recipe. Hear me out before you click away!
Why canned tomatoes?
(1) Sometimes you want salsa when tomatoes are not in season – like in the dead of winter. And good, fresh tomatoes can be tough to find sometimes.
(2) Sometimes you just need a super easy version.
I do plan to tackle a recipe for fresh salsa one day when I am looking to use up all the tomatoes in my garden. So if a fresh variety is what you are after, stay tuned!
But in the mean time, go make this version. It will surprise you at how fresh and awesome it tastes! The fire-roasted tomatoes are so good, if you can find them. If not, I have used plain tomatoes tons of times, and it is still really delicious!
Also, while we are on the topic of modifications, if you want to make this on a whim and you don’t have lime juice, white vinegar works just fine. I also make this without cilantro when my dad will be eating it because he hates cilantro. And it’s still good!
I like putting salsa on so many different things. Yeah, we all know about chips (<- salsa’s soul mate).
But I love it on eggs! And baked potatoes! And taco salads! And have you guys ever made salsa chicken? MMMmmm.
And then there are all the different varieties of salsa: peach salsa, mango salsa, etc. I love all of those too!
So. We’ve established that I am a fan of ALL salsas. But if you made me choose my favorite variety, I would have a few criteria: (1) classic tomato salsa (2) with no sugar (I prefer savory salsa, much like I prefer savory corn bread!).
Easy Homemade Salsa Recipe
Easy Homemade Salsa
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 4 ounce can of green chiles undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove large of garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons chunk yellow onion roughly chopped (About 2 )
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Add all ingredients to the blender or food processor, and secure the lid.
- Press "pulse" 7 to 9 times (or more, until desired consistency).
- Remove the lid, and serve.
This recipe was adapted from Blendtec's Easy Salsa recipe.
Nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using a recipe nutrition label generator.
So go make yourself some, and let me know how you like it!
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!