With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to share a tasty treat that is semi-healthy: dark chocolate covered strawberries.
I added some Valentines-themed sprinkles to jazz these up a little bit. And YES, I am aware that sprinkles have dyes and things in them that are not optimal. See my food philosophy where I talk about breaking all the rules occasionally. 🙂
And with few steps and even fewer ingredients, I can hardly call this a recipe.
But! If you are wanting to treat yourself with something that has a few redeeming qualities (fruit! antioxidants!), then these may be worth making.
I was making these dark chocolate covered strawberries anyway for my sweet husband as a little Valentines treat. So I figured…why not take a few photos and share the idea with my virtual friends!
My husband and I have been together for over ten years now. But thinking back to my footloose and fancy-free single gal days (which was basically my entire life outside of those 10 years)…I may have made these for myself and/ or my girlfriends in years past.
In fact, I remember a certain girls beach trip where we made these and stayed up until the wee hours laughing our faces off. Are any of you girls reading this??? 🙂
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces Baker's dipping dark chocolate (I used a little over half of a 7 ounce container)
- Wash and fully dry the strawberries. Make sure they are dried well so the chocolate will stick to them.
- Heat to melt the chocolate according to package instructions, being careful not to overheat and burn the chocolate.
- Dip each strawberry, and place on a hard surface until the chocolate hardens (about 20-30 minutes).
Weight Watchers PointsPlus will vary for this recipe, based on the size of each strawberry. Using the recipe builder, this recipe makes 5 servings at 3 PointsPlus each.
So whether you are blissfully in love…or whether you are throwing a Love Stinks party…I hope you enjoy this little treat idea!
Are you treating yourself this Valentine’s Day?
When do you break your food rules?