I love chicken salad! But traditional chicken salad can be high in calories and Weight Watchers PointsPlus. So I made it my mission to come up with a healthy alternative – one that does NOT sacrifice flavor.
I think I owe this success to a few tricks I pulled out of my sleeve:
1. I used part real mayo, part 2% Greek yogurt and part dijon mustard for the dressing. This gives it a great texture, and the dijon mustard really amps up the flavor.
2. I added thyme and scallions. This provides lots of flavor for very few calories.
I mean, how good does this look?!
It tasted pretty great too, I must say.
I made one serving for myself, so the ingredients will be listing as a single serving. If you want to make more, just up the portions.
Using Fresh Herbs
Herbs are one of the easiest things to grow. I have done virtually zero to maintain my herbs, and they have done great! This recipe features thyme, one of my favorite herbs.
Cooking with fresh herbs is really fun, and I love figuring out what flavors mesh well together. I love thyme with chicken, and that is what inspired this particular recipe. The variety I grow is called lemony thyme, but you can use any variety.
Heck, if you don’t have any thyme, you could likely substitute another herb like tarragon or flat-leafed parsley. It would still be delicious.
Using herbs not only make things look pretty (I love an herb garnish! One of my favorite food photography tricks!), but it is a great way to add flavor for little to no calories (and zero PointsPlus for us Weight Watchers).
Chicken Salad With Thyme Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Hellman's Canola Mayo (use any brand you like but it may change the points)
- 1 Tablespoon 2% Fage Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 scallion diced
- Half a celery stalk
- 3 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breast I used Costco Rotisserie chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix the mayo, Greek yougurt, dijon mustard, thyme and scallions in a bowl until well-combined.
Add chicken and celery, and stir to combined.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
Did you try this recipe? I would love to hear your feedback! Leave me a comment.
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!
Note: PointsPlus were calculated using the Weight Watchers recipe builder. A nutrition label generator was used to calculate the approximate nutrition information shown below.