You can make your own chicken burrito bowls, and they are even better than Chipotle!
So earlier this week I showed you how to make Mexican shredded chicken. And this is one of my favorite ways to use it – to make these chicken burrito bowls.
It’s barely even a recipe, y’all! It’s just some basic prep and assembly. You cook some rice, plus the Mexican shredded chicken. This is your base.
And then you just layer on anything else that sounds good. Literally. That’s it. Easy, right?!
Some of our favorites: corn, black beans, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, diced avocado, squeeze of lime. We usually don’t do ALL of that at once. We just grab a few of those things and build our own yummy bowl of goodness.
Sometimes we use plain rice, and sometimes we use my cilantro lime brown rice.
But the real star of this dish is that Mexican shredded chicken. It is SO good!
Y’all need this in your rotation because it is easy, simple and everybody loves it. We don’t even use any type of dressing. We just use some combination of salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream. If you have never mixed sour cream and salsa together, do it. It’s what I always put on taco salad, and it is good on this too.
Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe
If this recipe looks good to you, pin it and share it.
- Mexican shredded chicken
- Rice, cooked - plain or cilantro lime rice both work great
- Corn, cooked (optional)
- Black beans, canned, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Fresh tomatoes, diced (optional)
- Guacamole - use store-bought or homemade guacamole (optional)
- Salsa - use store-bought or homemade salsa (otional)
- Other options: cilantro, lettuce, shredded cheese, diced avocado
- Assemble chicken, rice and whatever else sounds good! Some of our favorites: corn, black beans, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, diced avocado, squeeze of lime.
- Eat and enjoy!