I’ve got a recipe to share with y’all today: black bean hummus…MMMM!
I shared this black bean hummus recipe over the weekend with Brooke on her blog. Special thanks to her for letting me take her blog over for the weekend. 🙂 I wanted to share it with you guys too!
Part of the fun of developing recipes is revamping old classics. Today I take my roasted garlic hummus recipe, and I change up the flavors to give it more of a Latin flare!
Instead of chickpeas, I use black beans. Instead of lemon juice, I use lime. And I change up the spices to give it more of a Latin flavor.
While I am not vegan, vegetarian or gluten free, some of my recipes happen to be, like this one. So file this one away for when you are entertaining the herbivores! 😉
Black Bean Hummus Recipe
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic
- ⅛ cup tahini sesame butter
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest of half a lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup of water
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except cilantro and water) to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Slowly stream in water until desired consistency (you may use more or less, according to preference).
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, and serve with sliced veggies and/or tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe makes approximately eight servings (just under 3 tablespoons) at 2 PointsPlus each on Weight Watchers. PointsPlus were calculated using the recipe builder. Additional nutritional information was calculated using a nutrition label generator.
If I am serving it for a crowd, I’ll drizzle a little EVOO on top…noms! It doesn’t take much, only half a teaspoon or so.
And then I sprinkle the cilantro on top. I serve a little snack tray with veggies and tortilla chips.
So go make yourself some black bean hummus!
Be sure and let me know how you like it!
If you really like this recipe, please pin and share it!