My classic apple crisp just got a little upgrade with this salted caramel almond topping.
So a couple of weeks ago, the lovely people at Blue Diamond sent me these salted caramel almonds to try.
And they were completely awesome all by themselves.
But I knew I just had to make a recipe with them. These were practically screaming to me, Put us with apples!
I immediately thought of my apple crisp. The one I make for Thanksgiving every year. Minus the plain nuts, plus these salted caramel almonds. The result was a little bit magical.
Add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and it just makes it even more awesome.
Tools Used to Make This Recipe
Note: These are Amazon affiliate links.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish – I used this 1.5 Quart One
- Paring knife, to peel and chop the apples
Apple Crisp with Salted Caramel Almond Topping Recipe
- 5 cups diced, peeled apples (I got lazy and only peeled most of mine)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup old fashion oats, uncooked
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup salted butter (If you use unsalted, be sure and add a pinch of salt to the topping)
- ¼ cup chopped Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the fruit filling, mix the apples with the granulated sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Place in a baking dish. I used this one, FYI.
- For the topping, in a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into chunks, and add to the topping mixture.
- Incorporate the butter into the mixture by using your hands. The warmth of your hand will help soften the butter and mix it with the rest of the topping. Keep mixing (and squeezing) the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping to the baking dish on top of the fruit.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 35 minutes, or until fruit is tender.
- Optional: serve warm with ice cream.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Pin it for fall if it looks good to you.
THANK YOU to Blue Diamond Almonds for sponsoring this post!