Happy Friday! Here are a few miscellaneous items I have to share.
1. My site migration is complete. I am happy to be continuing to tell my story, just at a different address. Right now I have a redirect from my old site to my new one. This just means that if you try to visit the old address, the magic of the internet will forward you here automatically. However! I will be letting my old domain expire in mid May. So be sure and update any bookmarks! You will not have the redirect to rely on after that.
I am still hustling to change over my social media accounts, update my website buttons, etc. If you run across any dead links, help me out by leaving me a comment on that particular page.
2. I have put up a couple of YouTube videos that I have not yet shared on the blog. If you are a subscriber to my channel, you may have already seen these. The first one is an easy breakfast sandwich recipe:
3. The second video is my method for making oatmeal. Again, this was posted earlier in the week on YouTube, so you may have already seen it. But in case you didn’t, here it is.
4. I pulled out a lot of my old spring and summer clothes (my skinny wardrobe), and almost ALL of them fit! I am getting closer to goal, and that is so exciting. As of today, I am about 10 pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day (September of 2006), my unofficial goal weight. This is so exciting to me!!! For visual reference, here are a few snapshots (forgive the quality – I took shots of the paper copies with my iPhone!):
Right now I am thinking I want to go a little lower than that, more toward the middle of my healthy weight range, rather than at the top. I will wait and see how I feel when I get there.
5. I get asked a lot about how I use my daily, weekly and activity points on Weight Watchers. I get 30 daily points a day, and I eat all of them every day. Always. If I have and extra point at the end of the day, I eat a piece of chocolate.
For weeklies, everybody gets 49 possible (optional) weekly points to use. I use somewhere between 20-30 of those each week. There have been weeks when I used them all. But for the most part I usually use at least half of them, maybe slightly more.
As far as activity points go, I earn as many as I can. But I honestly don’t ever use them. Weight Watchers doesn’t deduct from them until you have exhausted your weeklies, and I usually use only 20-30 of those. I am not sure if this will change as my weigh gets lower and my daily points go down. We shall see! How do you use your daily, weekly and activity points?
I hope everybody has a great weekend!